I know that I am a few days late..8 to be exact. But I plan on posting as many days that I can this month of things thatI am thankful for. (In no particular order) I chose to have this post be my first one due to the fact that the memories and feelings that I felt that day are still very vividly in my mind.I have probably re written this post three times over now. It had to have been a 30 page novel before! ;) Rather than giving every single detail of this day. I think that I will just leave a few of my thoughts and feelings. Words cannot even come close to describing the wide range of emotions that I felt this day. When I first heard that my brother had joined the Air Force I was in denial, denial turned to shock, shock turned to sadness he would be missing my wedding and the holidays and his chilrens birthday! And eventually my emotions turned to peace, gratitude and pride. Today and everyday I am thankful for not only our military men and woman but also their FAMILIES. Thank you Clay and Jeannette for your sacrafice. The next 8 years are not going to be easy, but I am excited for the adventure that has started for you and your little family. I will never forget the peace that filled my mind this day. My brother is truly where he is supposed to be. I love you Clay, go be your best self and I will see you in April.
No comments:
Post a Comment